How We Got Started
Blazing Swan Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation, run by a volunteer committee of burners that have been to Burning Man, America, several times and have also been closely involved in setting up and organising regional burns in South Africa (AfrikaBurn) and the east coast of Australia (Burning Seed). The committee is supported in its work by a large number of volunteers.
The objects of the Blazing Swan Association are to:
- organise, develop and promote:
(i) an annual arts, music, and cultural festival which is inclusive, accepting, and safe;
(ii) other related events promoting self expression, identity and understanding;
- foster and create new art projects in Western Australia;
- develop and support workshops and training activities;
- support and develop community based fundraising events to further the Association’s objects;
- train volunteers to facilitate the Association’s objects; and
- conduct the Association’s activities in an environmentally sustainable manner.